Health, Safety and Environmental Philosophy
Our duty of care for Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE) is a core value in NASS Contracting. We aim to protect the health and safety of our people, to minimise the environmental impact associated with our business operations and to assure the integrity and safe operations of our assets.
NASS Contracting believe that outstanding business performance requires outstanding HSE performance. The safe delivery of projects and operations of facilities is a critical success factor for our business.
Our goal is to deliver our business with minimal injuries to our people and to minimise the environmental impact of our activities. We seek to continuously improve HSE performance through our ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 accredited management systems.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. We expect all our personnel to recognise their personal responsibility for supporting outstanding HSE performance and to accept a duty to intervene when necessary to promote and reinforce compliance with our policies.
All managers are accountable for HSE within their area of the business and are responsible for ensuring that their team adopts exemplary HSE behaviours.
This rationale supports the following Business Principles:
- We believe that HSE should always come first in business operations
- We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments
- We make a positive contribution to the protection of the environment
- Where practicable, we aim for compliance over and above local regulations to meet internationally accepted best practice
- We reduce to the minimum practicable any adverse effects of our operations on the environment